Helpful Signs For any Business & Checklist for Food Premises Operating Patios & New Funding Available for Producers.
Katie Nolan – OMAFRA Report
· Open for E-Business program still paused, applications being processed as fast as possible
· Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program - stream for producers http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/cap/capproducers.htm
· Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program - steam for provincially licensed meat plants: http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/cap/meatplants.htm
· Federal Programs
Local Food Infrastructure Fund
Eligible applicants consist of:
· community or charitable organizations
· Indigenous groups
· not-for-profit co-operatives
Projects should be mostly infrastructure specific, community-driven and dedicated to improving access to safe and healthy foods for Canadians at risk of food insecurity.
Applicants under this program will be eligible to receive a minimum of $5,000 and up to $250,000 in non-repayable funding as follows.
1. Grant funding for projects requesting funding up to and including $50,000; (no administration costs will be paid)
2. Non-repayable contribution funding for projects requesting funding above $50,000 and up to $250,000.
· Emergency Food Processing Fund
Emergency Food Processing Fund
Food processors can receive up to $5 million (on a cost shares basis) to help enhance worker health and safety and for domestic food processing.
The Emergency Processing Fund will offer:
· Emergency COVID Response - Non-repayable funding to help companies implement changes to safeguard the health and safety of workers, their families, and communities.
· Strategic Investments - Repayable funding to help companies improve, automate and modernize facilities to increase Canada’s food supply capacity.
Eligible costs related to a project will be shared between the Program and the successful applicant. Small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) can receive up to 50 per cent of total eligible costs. Larger companies can receive up to 25 per cent of total eligible costs.
All eligible activities must be completed by September 30, 2020. The program will fund activities retroactive to March 15, 2020.
Helping our members stay up to date with news and resources regarding COVID-19.